Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Token weird person of the night.

By 4 am I had gotten my patient delivered and out to the post partum unit. While usually this is a bad set up for getting to take care of the next weirdo that walks through the door I was too far into my fantasy about my upcoming breakfast of Eggo's and Ambien to care.

My fantasy was disturbed by a girl being brought through the door in a wheelchair by the ER staff (gotta love them). She doesn't look pregnant at all.

"Ma'am, how many weeks pregnant are you?"

"20"

"And what brought you to the hospital tonight?"

"My baby is having a seizure inside of me."

Congratulations. That's called fetal movement. I have a Benadryl that can fix that though.

6 comments:

AtYourCervix said...

That's an absolute original chief complaint!!! Geesh.

Unknown said...

bwa-hahahahahaha! That's hilarious! And God knows I love me some Eggos and Ambien! Breakfast of champions : ) or at least the sleep deprived!

LnD.NightRN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LnD.NightRN said...

I had a patient with a similar complaint the other night. When asked what brought her to our triage unit she stated, "too much baby movement."

Seriously???

Unknown said...

Ha!

But seriously, is that possible? I mean, real people have seizures so could a fetus?

PinterestPlusMe said...

I know this was posted a long time ago, but I have just found your blog. OH my GOSH I literally almost peed my pants laughing at your entry. Hysterical.